Electric Bike 3-Phase BLDC Hub Motor Controller Home Build Open Source Project Part #1-Prototype PCB

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Electric Bike 3-Phase BLDC Hub Motor Controller Home Build Open Source Project Part #1-Prototype PCB Video Clips. Duration : 9.92 Mins.


I have been very pleased with my DAYMAK AUSTIN electric motor bike. This is the fourth season of riding around the city streets and local highways. I have had a few electrical/electronic issues which I repaired quickly. However as with all new things there is room for improvement. Wouldn't low speed reverse be nice for backing your bike into the shed or garage. How about going FASTER with MORE torque. After all that then there is the sealed lead acid battery pack. Control of the low battery cut off voltage without starting a fire. Maybe regenerative braking to extend battery capacity. A faster, quicker charger would be nice. How about a solar charger. You'll want to checkout my 12V to 48V DC-DC inverter charging circuit that uses solar energy stored in a 12V battery and charges my 48V battery pack for free at the end of this video. I have made a few of these as well as a RV charger that charges the ebike's 48V to 72V battery while the RV is being driven from town to town. I'm not the only crazy eletronics guy who thinks that these new electric vehicles are the way to go. Well I set out to make my own controller with a few improvements. I started by making my own 3-phase brushless DC hub motor controller circuit and board PC board layout. Exposed, developed, etched the PC board from scratch. Drilled out all the holes and assembled the parts into the controller board. Using my in-circuit programmer debugger I wrote up the machine language program and downloaded it. Bingo a ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment