DIY: Mounting a motorcycle tire tutorial

Thursday, August 23, 2012

DIY: Mounting a motorcycle tire tutorial Tube. Duration : 10.05 Mins.


This video is a walk-through/tutorial on how to mount a new motorcycle tire. I bought a new tire way back in a video Shopping with Skeefoo, and I'm just now getting around to installing it. This was the first time I'd ever mounted my own tire. I think it's one of those things a lot of riders are afraid to do, and prefer to spend the money having a professional do it. I used a couple of cheap tire levers (amzn.to and had my new rubber mounted, tube back in, and wheel on the bike in only about 30 minutes. This certainly isn't rocket science. You just need a couple of levers and a bit of determination and you will be changing your own tires in no time at all. Save your money, ride more. One of the more difficult parts of the install was getting the valve stem of the tube back through the rim. I had to monkey with it for quite a while. Someone suggested I pick up on of these handy Valve Stem Pullers (amzn.to Looks like a great idea. I didn't worry about balancing the tire, this ain't no race bike if you know what I mean. I've since had it over 60 mph a few times and haven't noticed any vibrations from the tire. Having the proper tools, and knowing how to change/repair a tire on the side of the road is a skill every adventure rider should know. I road from Utah to Panama on my BMW and had no clue what to do if I got a flat tire. I didn't even have the tools to take the wheel off. Thankfully luck was on my side during that ride, and I didn't have any problems.

0 comments:

Post a Comment